william hill club points_login bonus winamax login_Welfare offer australian no deposit bonus codes 2019

Thu, 07 Sep 2017 00:58:38 -0700

Hi, Michael!

On 09/06/2017 05:06 AM, Michael Gerdau wrote:
Hi David,

> Sorry, I only use Lilypond via RG. How do I create a file to answer your question?

basically create a normal text file with the editor of your choice (emacs, vim, nano, joe, ... - whatever works for you) and enter the two lines I had in my previous email. The line
    \version "2.18.2"
isn't strictly required but is considered good practise and highly recommended. The line
    { c' d' e' f' g' a ' b' c'' }
is the minimal code required to create a staff with a C major scale. Save this under whatever name you like, e.g. test.ly and then issue
    lilypond test.ly
on the commandline.

The rationale is testing if your lilypond installation basically works.

It ran with no problems and produced what you said it would produce.

I just tested it with some older RG projects and it worked from RG without any problems.

Tried it again on one of the new RG projects, and Lilypond reported a bunch of bar check warnings. That one began with an imported MIDI from the net, so sounds like the problem begins in RG's handling of the MIDI file.

Oh, well. These are hymn scores for my church, and I've found it's usually faster just to put them in manually than to try importing them and cleaning them up.

> I wasn't having these problems before RG 17.04. I don't remember if Lilypond went to 2.18.2 before that or not.

Lilypond should not segfault in the first place. I'm using it on a daily basis and it never segfaults on me. It occasionally crashes when I have really buggy scores. Even then it provides enough information as to where to start looking.

This is the first time I've had any problems with Lilypond, also.

Thanks helping sort it out.

--
David W. Jones
gn...@hawaii.rr.com